1. Sauté spinach, carrot and zucchini until spinach has wilted. Set aside and let cool.
2. Combine with Dineamic Moroccan Chicken Tagine and add parsley. Set aside.
3. Lay 4 sheets of filo pastry on a clean bench and cut into 6 squares of approx 10 x 10cm in size.
4. Lightly spray moulds of a muffin tray with cooking oil spray and line with 1 square of filo pastry.
5. Spray filo with cooking oil spray and lay a second layer of filo onto the first. Repeat until 4 layers of filo pastry are lined and fit the muffin tray. Repeat process to have 6 pie cases.
6. Bake in oven at 180°C for 6-8mins. Remove and let cool.
7. Divided chicken mixture evenly into the 6 pie cases and return to oven at 160°C for 10-12mins or until hot.
8. Serve with a garden salad or your favourite Moroccan salad and the lemon yoghurt.
With a little extra work, you can create this delicious Open Filo Pie. Serve with a simple salad and tangy lemon yoghurt brings out the beautiful Moroccan flavours of this dish.
- 500g Moroccan Chicken Tagine
- 200g spinach
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 Tbls chopped parsley
- ½ packet Filo pastry
- Cooking Oil spray
- Lemon Yoghurt
- 300g Chobani plain yoghurt
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper