1. Roll out short-crust pastry to 5mm thickness and cut 6 x 15cm circles.
2. Place pastry into base and sides of pie tins, let rest in fridge for minimum of 30mins then blind bake at 170°C for 6-8mins. Remove blind baking beans and bake for further 5mins.
3. Roll out puff pastry to 5mm thickness and cut 6 x 15cm circles then let rest in fridge.
4. Sauté mushrooms and add parsley. Let cool.
5. Combine Dineamic Slow-cooked Mediterranean Beef and mushrooms and divide evenly across the 6 pie cases.
6. Lay puff pastry lid over filling, lightly press down on pastry edges and brush top of pie case with egg. Make 2 small incisions into lid of pastry to allow steam to escape.
7. Bake in oven at 180°C for 15-20mins or until pastry is golden brown.
8. Serve pie with rocket salad and chunky tomato relish.
Note: It is important to let pastry rest to help minimise shrinkage.
Silky mushrooms and tender pieces of Mediterranean beef are a match made in heaven. Add to that, wonderful flaky pastry and you will be hard pressed to resist seconds.
- 500g Dineamic Slow-cooked Mediterranean Beef
- 350g mushroom, sliced
- 1 Tbls parsley, chopped
- Ready-made short-crust pastry
- Ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten