1. Roll puff pastry to 5mm thickness and cut 6 x 15cm circles.
2. Place pastry into base and sides of pie tins, let rest in fridge for minimum of 30mins then blind bake at 170°C for 8-10mins. Remove blind baking beans and bake for further 6-8mins.
3. Peel and boil potato. Once cooked mash potato, add butter, egg yolk and season. Place in piping bag with star nozzle.
4. Combine Dineamic Slow-cooked Mediterranean Beef, lentils and parsley and divide evenly between the 6 pie cases.
5. Pipe mashed potato on top of filling and bake in oven at 180°C for 15-20mins or until potato is golden brown.
6. Serve with a rocket salad and a chunky tomato relish.
A crispy pastry base for this pie topped with fluffy mash potato will set your mouth watering. With the addition of lentils to this dish, it provides additional protein, fibre and folate.
- 500g Dineamic Slow-cooked Mediterranean Beef
- 150g canned lentils
- 1 Tbls parsley, chopped
- Ready-made puff pastry
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbls butter