5-10 minutes to make, easy and great tasting pancakes. Great balance of healthy carbs, protein and fats, and with a serve of fruit in them also contain some gut loving fibre! A Sunday morning favourite, even great as a snack or easy meal.
- 1 large ripe bananna
- 1 egg
2 tbs wholemeal selfraising flour
- Mash banana well on a plate with a fork
- In a bowl, whisk the egg well with a fork
- Wisk the flour into the egg
- Stir the mashed banana through the egg and flour
- In a pan over medium heat, use a few drops or a spray of olive or coconut oil to coat the pan
- Pour some batter into the pan, cook until bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is set, then flip and cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat until batter is gone (make sure you coat the pan with a little oil each time)
- Makes about 1-3 pancakes depending on the size you like to make them!
Topping options: berries, honey, cinnamon, nut butter (which you could also add to the mixture!), freshly squeezed lemon with a sprinkle or stevia, fresh fruit with yoghurt, maple syrup!
My favourite is Greek yoghurt, fresh sliced strawberries and honey J