Hosting a AFL Grand Final Party at your place? Why waste a whole quarter in the kitchen? Let us do the work for you so you don’t miss any of the action!
Hosting a viewing party can be loads of fun, but not when you spend the whole time slaving away in the kitchen. Be the fan favourite among your friends this AFL Grand Final Day with these great tips, and minimal effort required!
Here are some yummy food ideas to help you out!
- Moroccan Beef Meatballs / Beef Meatballs with Napoli Sauce: Arrange the meatballs on a platter and allow guests to serve themselves with toothpicks, or Make Meatball skewers. Cut up your assorted veggies and place the vegetable inbetween each meatball, as you pirce them on the skewers!
- Chilli Con Carne / Chicken Burrito Mix / Spicy Bean Burrito Mix: Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and guacamole so that guests can make their own loaded nachos
- Pork San Choy Bow: Serve with lettuce cups for DIY san choy bow
- Beef / Vegetable Lasagne 3KG: An easy option that everyone will enjoy!
- Power Balls: Put out a platter of a few flavours of our yummy Power Balls for an easy, one-handed snack for guests
- Fruit platter: Everyone loves a colourful, delicious fruit platter!
- Dips and crackers/vegetable sticks: Put out a few different dips with crackers and vegetable sticks for people to nibble on. Try some crowd favourites like tzatziki, hummus, and eggplant dip. Or branch out with something interesting like red capsicum and feta, or caviar dip.
- Purchase our Footy Bundle for an easy combination of all of our top picks.
We also have our veggie Footy Bundle too!
Schedule the party start time for around an hour before the game starts – that way your guests can get settled in and have something to eat beforehand, and any latecomers won’t miss out.
Choose your décor – Whether you’re going all out with your team colours or keeping it simple with just some fresh flowers, remember to organise your decorations in advance.
Clean and organise your party space in the days leading up to your Grand Final party so it doesn’t have to be done on the day
Have as much of the food prepared as you can the day before. The less you need to do on the day the better! That way you can just relax and enjoy yourself.
If in doubt about how much food and drinks to supply – over cater rather than under cater. It’s always better to have leftovers rather than have your guests going hungry
Stock up on ice! And remember – you can always use your laundry sink or washing machine filled with ice as an extra drinks fridge!
Make sure you ask guests about any dietary requirements! There’s no worse feeling than when your mate who your forgot is vegan rocks up and can’t eat anything.
Be ready early in case you have extra punctual guests!
Make sure to arrange your seating around the television prior to the guests arriving. People are going to want a good view of the action!
Follow these easy tips to make your Grand Final party a success and you (and your food) will be best on ground!
Let us know in the comments below any tips you have for hosting parties and make sure to let us know how your AFL Grand final party went!?